My photo
Owner, "MAP Wellness" - a culinary nutrition and wellness company. Writer. Passionate cook, raw food chef, reiki practitioner, yoga teacher, and LIVE WELL educator. ​do yoga. enjoy good food. run. plant food. cook. savour wine. read books. buy good food. love. grow your energy. find peace. enjoy food. have passion. skip. eat food. do yoga. listen to jazz. have presence. be present. bike. read. see. hear. be. live. love.

Sunday, April 22, 2012

Life.

Life is crazy delicious, isn't it?



I have to admit, I am simply exhausted more often than not right now, but at the end of each day, as I crawl into bed, turn on my ocean waves sound machine, and put on my sleep mask (yep, you need one of those when you go to bed before the sun goes down), I am nothing short of thrilled, grateful, and truly happy. 

Everything in my life seems to be rolling along as it should; pieces of the puzzle that I have taken 31 years to solve are slowly falling into place, serendipitous events are unfolding all around me, paths are intertwining with the characters I need most to meet, and I feel good.  I do wish I had more free time to devote to my family and friends right now however; I have sadly had to reschedule my trip home to see mom several times, and dates with my closest girlfriends have been shuffled around like pawns on a chess board.  And so it begs the question, how on earth did I think I had the time to date again?  A few weeks in on an online dating site, and it is clear to me that love may not be in the cards for me just yet.  I have no idea when I might even squeeze in a simple coffee rendezvous!  But, I soldier on, and do see the light at the end of this 18 hour day cycle, and it is beautiful.  

This week is going to be an epic one for me, as I have much awesomeness planned, and I am sure I will have many a story to tell via my next blog.  It's a 3 day workweek for this gal, and I am excited to be VIPing at my fave Spirit Junkie, Gabrielle Bernstein's reception & lecture on Tuesday night here in TO.  Wednesday (which will be my FRIDAY this week!) has me headed North to Barrie to hear from David Wolfe - "The rock star of the superfoods and longevity world".  He is scheduled to speak from 6pm til 11:30pm, but from what I hear, we will be there into the wee hours of the morning!  I am so pumped!  There are a few carloads of ladies from my culinary course making the pilgrimage together, and I am sure it is going to be an inspiring, raucous, and exciting night!  And then...on Thursday I head off on my much-needed NYC getaway, my solo excursion to the city that I admittedly would cheat on TO with, no contest.  I have my days booked solid, including meals at all the best vegan food joints, and some required TV related stops (while in NYC, I must check out the big, bright, and fancy network studios!).  Friday night I am again going to see Gabby B, this time for her "Manifesting your Desires" workshop, and then on Saturday morning, I have a date with a local farmers market via bicycle with my lovely hostess for the weekend, Grace.  I am also excited to share a bite at some point with a dear old CityTv colleague, that I haven't seen in close to 5 years, and just so happens to be visiting NY simultaneously.  

And after that?  Well, I have a few weeks left in my culinary course, and have nailed down one of my co-op placements with Belmonte Raw, the sassy, hip, and real raw food boutique in Leslieville that I encourage you all to check out.  Later on in May I am all signed up to earn my level 1 Reiki certification, and I also hope to finally write my Canfit Fitness Instructor exam!  And to wrap up the month, I will be taking yet another course with Meghan Telpner, only this time it's a business and marketing workshop!  I am hoping this will help me develop more focus about what exactly I plan to do with all these sexy new skills I am layering onto my being these days!

So yes, life is grand.  I'm tired, but it's a fatigue from fun and fabulous-ness, so I'll take it any day.



1 comment:

  1. Meghan! Your post just oozes with vitality and sparkly happiness. Good on ya girlfriend! I look forward to hearing about each step in your awesome journey as it unfolds. Big hug!

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments! Share away!