My photo
Owner, "MAP Wellness" - a culinary nutrition and wellness company. Writer. Passionate cook, raw food chef, reiki practitioner, yoga teacher, and LIVE WELL educator. ​do yoga. enjoy good food. run. plant food. cook. savour wine. read books. buy good food. love. grow your energy. find peace. enjoy food. have passion. skip. eat food. do yoga. listen to jazz. have presence. be present. bike. read. see. hear. be. live. love.

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

I love food. Did'ya know?

Nut butter-goji-flax power balls

A slightly different kind of post today, all about my biggest passion: healthy, yummy food!

I have a crazy busy schedule this week, and I am finding myself at home for no more than an hour or two at a time. With this week being as kooky as it is, and with my upcoming road trip to NYC, I know that I will need some quick, easy, on the go energy to help power me through my long days.  Over this past weekend, I spent many hours in my kitchen, perfecting an entree recipe of mine as part of an assignment for my culinary nutrition course (recipe to come!).  I wasn't the only one working away on that, and after seeing all the Facebook postings, and Twitter updates from many of my schoolmates about their food creations, I was inspired.  Yesterday afternoon, I happily found myself with 60 minutes of me-time, and so after juicing what felt like every last ounce of fresh veggies I had left in my fridge for my afternoon green gulp, I figured I would also try and clean out a few pantry items that I am due to re-stock as well.  And with that, I whipped up a batch of all-new edible delights that I am calling "Nut butter-goji-flax power balls".  Super simple, super tasty!


Whatcha Need: 
1/3 C ground flax
1 1/2 T sunflower butter
1 T peanut butter (almond would be yummy too!)
1 1/2 T ground goji berries (they grind well in the blender)
1/4 C ground almond (I used pre-ground meal)
1 1/2 tsp sesame seeds
1 tsp. cocoa powder
1/2 tsp natural vanilla extract
1 T chia seeds
1 1/2 T raw honey*
Whatcha Do:
Mix all the ingredients with a wooden spoon or spatula until combined and easily handled.  Roll into balls. Refrigerate. Eat. Yum. Energy. Power.

*I eat a primarily vegan diet - no meat, poultry, fish, dairy, or eggs.  I do however consume raw honey;there are just too many health benefits not to, and it is simply an amazing sweetener.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments! Share away!