My photo
Owner, "MAP Wellness" - a culinary nutrition and wellness company. Writer. Passionate cook, raw food chef, reiki practitioner, yoga teacher, and LIVE WELL educator. ​do yoga. enjoy good food. run. plant food. cook. savour wine. read books. buy good food. love. grow your energy. find peace. enjoy food. have passion. skip. eat food. do yoga. listen to jazz. have presence. be present. bike. read. see. hear. be. live. love.

Friday, February 17, 2012

I miss

I miss my dad.  Today was just one of those hard days.  I thought of him often.  I was witness to many reminders that he is gone, reflected on all the moments we have lost.  Vivid memories of times past flooded my mind with excitement, convincing me that all was well; surreal images of a healthy man, teaching, talking, being.

It is so easy to forget the sadness when enthralled in the hustle and bustle of everyday life.  But eventually it arrives, shoring up like a tsunami, its massive waves thundering onto land, destroying all that gets in harms way.  Next comes the numbing pain that simply punches you in the stomach so hard you can't breathe.  And then it's pure anger, the final thrusting of a massive dagger into the heart, the final hit that takes you down, if only for a second.

It just doesn't seem fair.  

I love my pops, and dammit I miss having him around.  

Sometimes all that can heal is a real good cry.  So tonight I say, thank you tears.  I will sleep better now that we have had our time to grieve together.



3 comments:

  1. You have a great heart Meg and that is where he lives now. What safer harbour could there be?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It hits when it hits and you have to let it. My thoughts to you, Meg.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments! Share away!