My photo
Owner, "MAP Wellness" - a culinary nutrition and wellness company. Writer. Passionate cook, raw food chef, reiki practitioner, yoga teacher, and LIVE WELL educator. ​do yoga. enjoy good food. run. plant food. cook. savour wine. read books. buy good food. love. grow your energy. find peace. enjoy food. have passion. skip. eat food. do yoga. listen to jazz. have presence. be present. bike. read. see. hear. be. live. love.

Thursday, May 24, 2012

Green Recovery

Life happens.

I was feeling neglectful today; having not posted here for weeks.  I do have a few ideas for a nice lengthy post to do over the weekend, but for now, I will simply share a little something that feels like a real milestone.  I have been less than private about many things that have happened and are happening in my life up until now, as this blog really is my medium to face, accept, and move on from hardships, heartbreak, and herculean hiccups.  This blog is, after all, my place of hope, healing and happiness. 

A couple of weeks ago, I took a leap outside of my comfy site, and shared my struggle with bulimia via an outside source, a wonderful website called "Choosing Raw".  Gena Hamshaw is the creator, and she is also the brilliant creature behind the "Green Recovery Series" - stories written by and about folks that have found freedom from their eating disorders by adopting a vegan lifestyle.  After reading a few entries there, I knew I wanted to share my story.  So I did.  And she did.  And I got my very own special category of "recovery-in-progress", as I do believe that my recovery will be a life long project.

It felt GREAT to speak out.  And I feel so blessed to have received so many honest, touching, and inspired comments on the piece.  On behalf of all of us Green Recover-ers, and all that fight disordered eating, thank you Gena.  

Here it is:

http://www.choosingraw.com/recovery-in-progress-meghans-story/ 




3 comments:

  1. I just wanted to take an opportunity to echo what I said on the CR website. Thank you so much for sharing your process. I've had an eating disorder for 19 years now and at 31 I've finally gone to a treatment facility in Saskatchewan. It's a holistic place not medical and teaches us patience through the process as you do mention. I really appreciate hearing other women's words because while I'm in the process of recovery, it always feels like stories are a light at the end of a tunnel. I appreciate the honesty of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Fanta,

      Thank you so much for you kind comments. There is a light at the end for all of us, but in the meantime we just need to continue being gentle with ourselves. Patience and love will see us through! XO

      Meg

      Delete

I welcome your comments! Share away!